tiny worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've, on a few occasions, spotted a single small transluscent worm-like creature poking out of tiny tunnels he has made in the liverock. I didn't think anything of him the first two times I saw him, since he was feeding on algae I didn't think he'd be a threat. He feeds during the day and he never comes completely out of his tunnel, though I have seen him stretch up to 4cm out of it.

This worm is not bothering any of the other tank inhabitants, but he is making a huge amount of holes in the liverock. There are holes of different sizes, so I am tempted to think there is more than one of him. He is hard to get a good photo of because he blends right into the rock, but here are some of the holes he (and others?) have made. (oops, added it twice - sorry!)

i have what i think is the same thing its kinda like a clear string of hair iv seen it come out an inch or better and noticed more than 1 at a time. I moved my net close and it sucked right back in the hole really fast. If this is the same thing im curious as to what it is and if it will come all the way out ever.

Haha, with the holes it makes in the rock, I'm not sure I want to see what's on the other end of that squishy little thing. Kind of scarey. 8O

Back
Top Bottom