Torch or frogspawn ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't tell for sure, if I had to guess I'd say frogspawn. It looks like it is dying, with the skeleton exposed like that.

It is extended more now and it was only a 5 dollar frag so I thought it was worth a shot. I will get a better picture tomorrow. Thanks for the fast reply.

Good luck! If you can get a better pic with extension we can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool thanks I was hoping it would be a torch and that's what the person said it was but I can always let it grow out and trade it for a torch.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425218047.160589.jpg a little better but it is just so small and hard to get a picture of.

Would feeding it a small piece of mysis help it extend more throughout the day?

That is a little better - with that photo i think it is a torch.

I would not try feeding it. How long has it been in the tank? Is the soft tissue still receding? If it continues to decline you may want to move it to a different position (different light/flow). Torches seem to be a little more sensitive than frogspawn. I think it will be tough for this one to come back, but not impossible.

Last edited:
It still opens and closes and I got around noon yesterday. It is funny because last night a hermit crab pushed it out of its spot and it landed in another and now it seem to be doing better than last night.

I think it is a frogspawn because some of the tentacles have multiple dots of their tips.

Also think it's a frog from the pics... Very unhappy one though. How are parameters and lighting?

Params are good lighting is keeping everything else happy including acans and trumpets and a pagoda cup coral

Where would you guys put it? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425224341.351150.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom