Tube worm of some sort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've seen a couple of these around my tank before but this one is almost touching my favia. Just wanted to make sure it can't hurt anything. Its a reddish colored tube and sometimes I can see something barely moving at the end of it but not sticking out like a feather duster or anything. Any idea what it is?

It does sound like a mini duster. They should cause no problems. A picture would help to be more definitive.

They are spiraloid worms most likely and I have one next to my favia which its just encrusting it as we speak..I'm curious to see if once it does what will happen to the worm..maybe just the tip of it will be sticking out of the middle of my coral lol

It does sound like a mini duster. They should cause no problems. A picture would help to be more definitive.

Its definitely not a mini duster because there is no fan sticking out the end of it. I do have a couple of them in my tank though

They are spiraloid worms most likely and I have one next to my favia which its just encrusting it as we speak..I'm curious to see if once it does what will happen to the worm..maybe just the tip of it will be sticking out of the middle of my coral lol

That would be pretty cool! Mine seems like it is almost starting to grow around the worm, thats why i was wondering if it could hurt the favia in anyway but i don't think it is. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens

You can barely see the tube on the upper right of the favia. I was watching close today and it seems like it releases a thin line with tiny dots on it then pulls it back in like fishing or something

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120506_184651.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120506_184651.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 56
Tube worms. If that's what they are called, I've got quite a few and no problems. The netting thing is really cool to see though it like its eating it's own puke!

Back
Top Bottom