Turned the rock over, found another critter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was reaquascaping today and turned one of my rocks over, and found this guy.
Any ideas what it is?

(sorry for crappy pictures, camera comes after the livestock heh)

ahh so that's the key? I had seen some drawings of aiptasia and they had 'stalks'.
I have a few items (tiny!) similar to what I captured in those pictures...
All are white and similar to that...
The pictured item is not photosensitive, but some of the little weblike things I have seen are. (Most of these little critters are in/on some tonga branch I got... lots of tiny holes for em to live in...hoping they spread!)

hey feron, where do you shop? im down here in lagrange , just south of newnan and have been driving to tyrone to pet showcase.

I visited 4 different pet stores in the atlanta area to gather all but about 20lbs of my rock (which I ordered from a diver...it's due here thursday).
The places I went to (in no particular order):
Aquarium Showcase - Alpharetta - not much in the way of live rock, but good knowledgable staff, more saltwater then anything - prices are high

Optimum Aquarium - Marietta (more northside) - Fiji, Tonga (chunks) and baserock - large(ish) selection of cured bulk rock - equal (and large) selection of salt/fresh water specimens - fair(ish) prices - only place I have found with macro algae for sale - expired test kits :/

Marine Reef and Fish Supplies (aka Marine and Tropical Fish) - Marietta (closer to town) - Nice selection of carribean rock with decent life (some macro algae and tube worms and such) as well as a good assortment of marshall and carribean rock fragments - more freshwater stock (fish) then salt but good selection anyhow - new frag tank (looks nice) - fair(ish) prices

The Fish Store and More - Peachtree rd in Buckhead - nice store - decent selection of fiji and a few lively tonga branch fragments - marine fish looked washed out somewhat (color loss) but the FW looked very healthy - more marine then fresh but a good selection all around.

Imagine Ocean - Really didn't care for this one..in canton.. Nice display tank, nice water distrib system in the place.. prices too high and lack of selection/poor looking specimens

Prolly TMI but hey..

ill have to check those out. hard to find decent live rock with any growth around here.

have you tried pet showcase? the owner (scott) is a pretty nice guy and they have pretty good prices also. live rock is crap but corals look nice.check them out and tell them (dorian), thats me, sent you. im there at least once a week.

thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom