Unknown anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randall

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there iam fairly new to this site and just wondering if anyone knew what this anemone in my tank is?? It is hard as nails, I got it when I purchased my liverock, so it lasted all through the setup process and is now doing really well, I would just like to know a name or any information so I can keep him happy!! Thanks

Attachments

• image-338449111.jpg
    image-338449111.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 147
Randall said:
Hi there iam fairly new to this site and just wondering if anyone knew what this anemone in my tank is?? It is hard as nails, I got it when I purchased my liverock, so it lasted all through the setup process and is now doing really well, I would just like to know a name or any information so I can keep him happy!! Thanks

Thanks for your help

They naturally bury their bases in the substrate. Caulerpa algae and soft corals, mainly leathers, can cause its polyps to retract and eventually die.

Abit of a better picture, he was eating before!! Thanks again

Attachments

• image-2087955427.jpg
    image-2087955427.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 140
Would explain why it was so hardy. Catalaphyllia aren't easy, but they are much hardier than anemones, even though they look nearly the same.

yea thats no elegance coral you can tell its an anemone by the big mouth in the middle

Probably bought cured rock and saw just a mini-cycle.

Elegance definitely wouldn't love through a cycle, I would believe a nem would though

Thanks for everyone's help, I think it's narrowed it down to a long tentacled nem, but I have searched a few sites and mine must be as rare as they come as the rock I purchased was not in the best state ie covered in algae, and he was moved to my tank which was a total virgin and was out and thriving within the 1st week, whereas a lot of sites state not to introduce a nem until the tank is 1yr old so god knows but I do know he's double hard
Thanks again for everyone's help most appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom