unknown anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could someone tell me what kind of anemone this is. The person at the LFS said it is a long tentacle anemone.
img_586635_0_f09f7a55ed1a250346e4bc1ae018eb50.jpg

As far as i can tell the foot is light brown to tan in color. It has attached to a live rock and it is hard to get a good look at the foot.

img_586814_0_c9d31b6471c592c754dbc73546ceae16.jpg

This is as good a pic as i can get of the base.

Thank you. The person at the LFS said it was a long tentacle anemone and i was charged for one. The Condy is much cheaper.

Well, not saying to argue with them or anything but.....

Here are some pics of my lta. Perhaps if you could print off some pics and show them then maybe in a small way, you could educate them as well. You can see, even if your anemone was bleached (I believe it is a little) it still doesn't like a lta to me. You have a better view of it though.

anemone ID

Well, here's a photo of a sebae. I found it at 4coral.com. I was actually trying to think of sebae earlier. The Haitians have a bright orange foot. The sebaes however don't. That's what yours looks like...a purple tip sebae.

I've never heard the expression used before. What's a condi??? LOL.

Attachments

• anemone_20sebae_20purple_20tip_2001_337.jpg
    anemone_20sebae_20purple_20tip_2001_337.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 373
Re: anemone ID

TCTFish said:
I've never heard the expression used before. What's a condi??? LOL.

condy=condylactis sp. They are also called Haitian anemones, Atlantic anemone, pink/purple tip anemone and a number of others. The Condylactis gigantea I believe is the one with the red foot but there are other unspecified species that do not.
The Heteractis crispa or sebae that you have pictured has shorter tentacles. Or at least I've never seen one with tentacles as long or as thick as the one danj pictured.

Thanks to you all. I have it all figured out now. That is a Condy and i was able to pick up an lta for the price of the condy so all is well. :)

Back
Top Bottom