Unknown coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fernzpat

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know better than this, but I bought this coral without knowing anthing about it from my LFS... It was attached to a rock I just had to have, and the coral was something of an after thought... It has just picked up and left its host rock and started wandering... Help with the ID please!!!

I see what appears to be a flock of mejano anemones, considered pest anemones (think aiptasia on steroids), but I don't see any coral.

the 1st pick almost could be a hammer coral or frog spawn. but the pic is not very clear to see if it has a hard ca base or not.

This migration was all in the space of three days... Stupid, stupid, stupid me... My LFS said these were similar to my Green Hairy Mushrooms (and that's the good store in Tallahassee!!!!)

Any advice Reefrunner? Can I safely scrape them from the glass without them exploding everywhere?

Thanks...

P.S. Thinking of all you guys and gals a little West of here... hang in there.

You can scrape them off the glass and siphon/net them out. This is actually a good method of removal.
The ones on the rock will need to be nuked with kalk paste or similar. I would get after it post haste.

Well I got all but one out yesterday, and I am waiting for the other one to rise upwards, then I will kill it...

Traded it in from my LFS, who again said he ordered it as Green Hairy Mushrooms... He proceded to put them right back in his coral tank...

Buyer beware...

Thanks Reefrunner and Anemoneman...

Bubble Algae problem? Had those for three years... have not grown or spread off that rock... I happen to think they are beautiful, along with the garnet algae...

Back
Top Bottom