unknown polyp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of, I am currently running some preliminary tests on aiptasia and will say a healthy aiptasia can survive a 6hr. bleach treatment for Mycobacterium tuberculosis along with a 2mm injection of pure bleach into the stalk. Quite interesting lil "beasties!"

Will boiling water kill aiptasia?

From what i've read in a few forums some are saying Boiling water is Great for killing Aiptasia but i would not do it if you have Expensive Corals nearby it might burn or kill them as well IMO i would do it the old fashion way

Maybe that is why I kill about 10 of them per week. They seem to come out of nowhere. I can't find that pickling lime anywhere. I would like to give it a go. Cant get rid of them fast enough. I think I damaged my one and only mushroom with the hot water also. Got the aiptasia but the mushroom shrunk into almost nothing shortly thereafter, hopefully it will survive. Thank you all with all your help, you are a great asset to the SW community.

Yeah, I think so too fijiwiji.. and unless he starts moving around and dividing, i'm going to leave him be. He still hasn't done either of those things so.. :Fade-color

More than likely the boiling water is causing them to divide at a faster rate when applied.

Speaking of, I am currently running some preliminary tests on aiptasia and will say a healthy aiptasia can survive a 6hr. bleach treatment for Mycobacterium tuberculosis along with a 2mm injection of pure bleach into the stalk. Quite interesting lil "beasties!"
Gheezus...lol
I never had 1 grow thru a nice thick layer of kalk paste. :-?

Back
Top Bottom