unusual growth in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
it wont let me posts in general discussion so i am in here cuz its my only option sry it aint bout fish. here are some pics of this thing growing in my tank its been there for awhile just never able to get good pick i think i finally got some. so tell me what you think and what i should do bout it

Attachments

• untitled_158.jpg
    untitled_158.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 48
  • untitled_149.jpg
    untitled_149.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 77
ok well the pics wont post any suggestions hwo to make them i tried everything i know how to do. but ive never put a pic on here before

pictures need to be 1024x768 resolution.
Most cameras take them in 1600x1200.

You need to resize the image using something like photoshop or some photo editing software.

It could be a sponge, that would be my first guess. If you don't like it, you can rip it out. It will probably grow back. The lfs I go to has a tank with no light that is completely full of sponges like what it appears you have. Since this post is a week old, has there been any change?

no it has been there for months steadily growing. it bothers nothing and is kind of cool looking but if it continue to grows im gonna have to rip it out. there are a few others like it in other places in the tank but not really in clear sight. if it is a sponge will it effect anything?

Other than maybe becoming a nuisence with it's growth, it shouldn't have any adverse effects on the tank.

I would say sponge as well... There are so many species it is hard to tell... Beautiful white though.. :)

Back
Top Bottom