Value of this coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nooboftanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I don’t know anything about this coral but it’s been in my tank awhile and thrives on the light idek what’s it called or if it’s healthy but if someone could gimme the details on it and the value of it if I was to sell the whole piece of itIMG_1519349545.629931.jpgIMG_1519349565.217525.jpg

Value is in the eye of the beholder. It looks like a common softy to me. Nothing of tremendous value. Than again.. someone may want a large healthy colony ready made..

What brook said. It’s a very common hardy coral. I’d sell it for like $20-30 if it was me as I wouldn’t pay more than that myself. However, you may find someone whose willing to pay a lot more that that for it.

Btw they’re buttons polyps and look very healthy :)

What brook said. It’s a very common hardy coral. I’d sell it for like $20-30 if it was me as I wouldn’t pay more than that myself. However, you may find someone whose willing to pay a lot more that that for it.

Btw they’re buttons polyps and look very healthy :)

Thanks! I really would like to sell it as it’s spreading onto other rock pieces like crazy and isn’t the coolest looking color also it emmits a strange ooze when I do a water change

What kind of lights are they under? At first glance they look like just a brown polyp, but they are good sized and you can see at least another ring of different color on them. Some better lighting with some more blue and it might be more appeasing to you.
But, as previously said, value of coral differs from location to location. I could go and spend 20 dollars on a coral that can cost 100 2 hours south of me.

What kind of lights are they under? At first glance they look like just a brown polyp, but they are good sized and you can see at least another ring of different color on them. Some better lighting with some more blue and it might be more appeasing to you.
But, as previously said, value of coral differs from location to location. I could go and spend 20 dollars on a coral that can cost 100 2 hours south of me.

It's under some 165 watt galaxy hydro I bought for like 100 dollars and it seems to get the job done for the other corals but recently this greenish inner ring has appeared hopefully it prevails

It's under some 165 watt galaxy hydro I bought for like 100 dollars and it seems to get the job done for the other corals but recently this greenish inner ring has appeared hopefully it prevails
That's what I run, growing everything I have decently. Play with the channels, turn the white down and blue up, snap a pic..

Don't worry about snapping a pic, just adjust like Brookster said. It can take time. I used to always fiddle with them on my radions. Now with my AI I've found a place where I'm content with things and have learned not to fiddle with what isn't broken.

Back
Top Bottom