Weird jellyfish type things..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was taking the xenia out of my 3g(slightly neglected) tank and all of a sudden noticed these jellyfish like things jumping around at the front glass.. I tried to take pictures and a video but its really hard to get it to focus.. But ill post what I got.

So anyone know what these are? If they're harmful? Cause I was gonna move the xenia to my 20H but don't wanna put these things in my 20 if they're bad.. Should I do a freshwater dip?

Thanks!

View attachment 132147

View attachment 132148

View attachment 132149

View attachment 132150

View attachment 132151

View attachment 132152

View attachment 132153

kind of look like baby shrimp
when there small they kind of look like jelly fish till they develop there exoskeletons

Definitely. Hydroids have different stages of growth. You can look it up. It's like a polyp stage then the snowflake thing then the jellyfish. I think. Your tank has been up for a while? Because I think I read that hydroids usually come in a cycle but I might be wrong.

AbsoluteFaye said:
Definitely. Hydroids have different stages of growth. You can look it up. It's like a polyp stage then the snowflake thing then the jellyfish. I think. Your tank has been up for a while? Because I think I read that hydroids usually come in a cycle but I might be wrong.

Okay then they aren't any harm?

And yeah it has, I've just slowly taken the stuff out of it and put it in other tanks.. All thats left is rock and some Xenia..

Those are crazy looking, when I had my nano I would always have little jelly fish show up. They would range from brown, blue, white, red and yellow. It was really cool and weird

Back
Top Bottom