Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2004, 02:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Weird Tube Thing?

Hey guys,

I was inspecting my tank (55gal) and found this weird "tube" type creature. It's body/stalk looks like a feather duster's, however, where the crown would be are approx 10 green "lines" some are only about 1/2 an inch long, but there a few are about 3 inches long. On these lines is just stuff (waste, copepods, etc). The worm-thing (as its name stands right now) then hauls all this in, and the line/tentacle goes out and starts hauling in more stuff.

I read on past postings and other things and thus far nothing looks like it. I don't think its a Vermetid Snail. On first glance it looks like a plant but all the hauling and eating and what-not sorta makes me think otherwise. I would have taken a picture, but my digital camera can't get that good of resolution on such a small thing.

Thanks,
Beau

Old 01-23-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

My vermetids haul and eat quite a bit, does yours cast out a strand of mucous and reel it back in by gyrating around?

Old 01-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Actually now there are two of them. I can't really see what is in the tube. It looks like whatever it is hauling in doesn't actually get eaten but instead goes into making the tube.

Tags
tube, weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com