What anemone is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wael El-Dasher

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got this anemone last night and the LFS wasn't sure what type of anemone it is. It's not large, about 3" or so. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image-2281616217.jpg
    image-2281616217.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 201
  • image-2880003791.jpg
    image-2880003791.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 209
  • image-3793014811.jpg
    image-3793014811.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 210
The LFS had many sebea anemones, this one is totally different. The sebea's he had were massive too with a large sucker like bottom. This one doesn't have a sucker, it just rolls around but it reminds me a bit of the flower rock anemone but it seems different.

Wael El-Dasher said:
I got this anemone last night and the LFS wasn't sure what type of anemone it is. It's not large, about 3" or so. Thanks in advance.

I just saw this at my lfs today. They called it a African something anemone.

I can't help to much with the ID but most anemones don't get that light of a color unless they are a little bleached. I would make sure your water quality stays really good, feed it little bits of meaty food about once a week, and make sure it is getting good strong light.

Thanks but the anemone just arrived into my MT. It's actually yellow but the white/blue light doesn't show it's color well. But your comments are valid. I'll keep digging. I can't believe the LFS doesn't know what it is... Don't they get an itemized invoice? Odd

I can't believe the LFS doesn't know what it is... Don't they get an itemized invoice? Odd

The price lists LFS get are pretty bad. A lot of time it will just say "misc. anemone" or things like that. Many distributers don't take the time to Carefully ID fish/coral/inverts and so that usually just gets passed down through the LFS.

Wael El-Dasher said:
I can't believe the LFS doesn't know what it is... Don't they get an itemized invoice? Odd

If they didn't know, and you don't know, why did you buy it? Something might look cool, but it will look alot less cool after its eaten everything in your tank. I realize an anemone might not clean out your reef and I dont mean to pick on you or single you out but this is like the 6th post I've seen with a similar theme. Impulse buys are bad news

Back
Top Bottom