What anemones are these

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi this is a photo of the anemones at my lfs. Could you please Id them and tell me if there healthy

Attachments

• image-3695022862.jpg
    image-3695022862.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 161
I think the small one in the front middle may be a sebae. And the rest may be bubble tips. Idk no though

They all look like bubble tips to me, if you are thinking of getting one make sure it's got plenty of colour and doesn't look like its turning white. Wish my LFS had that many nems!

Oh here are some closer pics

Attachments

• image-3841869244.jpg
    image-3841869244.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 114
  • image-336324287.jpg
    image-336324287.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 79
The greenish one is a bubble tip, the other is a sand anemone (lives on the substrate) the LFS is using blue actinic light, ask them to turn on the whole spectrum

The greenish one is a bubble tip, the other is a sand anemone (lives on the substrate) the LFS is using blue actinic light, ask them to turn on the whole spectrum

The photo up the top in the first post is full spectrum

Nah it's not! Surely? I don't think they have their sun lamp on?? Anyway, bubble tip and sand anemone. Look great to me.

They are both from the heteractis classification. Called sand anemone because it lives on the substrate not the LR or glass

Oh ok. If I was to get the sand anemone and bubble tip would they be ok together in the same tank as one stays on the sand and ones on the rocks?

Ok. Doe the sand look a little bleached as half the tentacles look brown and half a little white in the photo?

Ok thanks a lot for your help. Think I may pick up one of each. Hope my clowns will host them. They did host a bubble a couple of years ago

They usually pick one :) especially if they've done it before they should. I've heard of tank bred clowns needing a photo of clowns hosting to be encouraged

Back
Top Bottom