What are all these worms on my glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking at my tank today and doing my daily mx and I noticed some worms on the glass that have an arrowhead shape to them. Does anyone know what these are?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here they are on some white epoxy.

They are literally all over the place.

By the color the look like flat worms, ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407711968.036471.jpg do the look like this just not the same color

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It hard to tell but maybe. They look like they have two legs that they move out and in to scoot around. All my coral seem fine. Hopefully it's not a pest

I would also suggest flatworms. I had the little red buggers every where in my one tank. The more you feed the faster they will multiply if thats what they are.

Acoel flatworm is what I found out after a day of searching. I can't seem to find whether they are good or bad though.

I would also suggest flatworms. I had the little red buggers every where in my one tank. The more you feed the faster they will multiply if thats what they are.

I noticed my scooter blenny and dwarf angel are super fat. I usually don't feed them to much and I noticed today they are picking the little buggers off the glass. Should I be worried about them because alot of information is conflicting.

If it is the acoel flatworm, from what I have read on the web is that they can effect corals, and multiply fairly quick, I had some of the clear/translucent ones.

LFS recommended siphoning them
If there wasn't many, if not there's a flatworm treatment you can get!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom