what are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
I have little red 'bulbs' starting to pop up on my lr. Started to show up an hour after I put the lr into saltwater fresh from shipment. Please tell me its good. :-/

Sniperhank said:
I have little red 'bulbs' starting to pop up on my lr. Started to show up an hour after I put the lr into saltwater fresh from shipment. Please tell me its good. :-/

Can you take pics?

Once I get home from work, yes. They literally look like a bulb from a flower. Ill be a tad upset if my lr came infected with cyano...but it doesn't look like that to me. More like random blooms spuratically around the tank.

Sniperhank said:
Once I get home from work, yes. They literally look like a bulb from a flower. Ill be a tad upset if my lr came infected with cyano...but it doesn't look like that to me. More like random blooms spuratically around the tank.

If ur positive of the look, try going onto reefcleaners.org and look at the algae id.

After some research I believe it is either red bubble or red grape algae starting to grow. It isn't clustered, 'sliming' across rocks, or look much like a bubble. Im hoping red grape...but can't believe something good could be showing up in my tank first day.

Sniperhank said:
After some research I believe it is either red bubble or red grape algae starting to grow. It isn't clustered, 'sliming' across rocks, or look much like a bubble. Im hoping red grape...but can't believe something good could be showing up in my tank first day.

Doesn't take long. Be amazed what will come outta LR...

My poor lr...fedex borderline murdered it. I have a pending ticket with them over it. They left my box outside without knocking on my door when it was 30 degrees outside even though it says "keep warm" on the box. Then, there is a hole in the bottom of the box. I open the box up to see the plastic shredded, newspaper barely wet, and styrophome destroyed and it covering my lr. After rinsing and trying to get it all off my lr, I still had the **** floating at the top of my tank, clinging to the sides...

Sniperhank said:
My poor lr...fedex borderline murdered it. I have a pending ticket with them over it. They left my box outside without knocking on my door when it was 30 degrees outside even though it says "keep warm" on the box. Then, there is a hole in the bottom of the box. I open the box up to see the plastic shredded, newspaper barely wet, and styrophome destroyed and it covering my lr. After rinsing and trying to get it all off my lr, I still had the **** floating at the top of my tank, clinging to the sides...

LR can take a licking. I'd be mad if they broke it, especially if I needed the big pieces.

Sniperhank said:
What is amazing is that of my 2 huge pieces, the largest was as big as my chest! There was breakage, but it was minimal.

Then you should be fine.

img_1665015_0_4ca58c4084f31c828b7fea72e2c79d04.jpg

There it is. Still no real clue as to what it is.

Sniperhank said:
Have been since it showed up an hour after going into the tank. Not spreading quickly, just kinda chilling there.

It could be good. I've just never seen it. I'm sure someone who has will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom