What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got these worm-like creatures on a couple of my LR. They are almost as thin as a human hair. They reach out to other parts of the rock and in the case of these pictures to another rock.

I tried my best to get some good pictures of them but, I am no photographer for sure. Seems the closer I try to get the worse the picture is. Anyway, I have put up a few pictures, the worms (for lack of a better term) are in the middle of the pic sorta reaching up toward the top.

Thanks,

Mike

I've also got them. I think they're Spaghetti worms. Mine extend from a central tube all over the sump, and they string back particles of sand over their long bodies. They then use some of it to extend their tube that sticks out of the rock.

Yep..yep...thats what they do.....wierd little fellas. The thing is are they good or evil?
If they are evil critters, how the heck do you get rid of them? They are fun to watch though. I sit there and try to figure out what the heck they are trying to do.

Anyway thanks for the input.

Mike

no problem.

And no, they're beneficial consumers of detritus, so they are not harmful. I've got them all over the place. HTH!

Back
Top Bottom