What are these items? (Please Help) Your opinions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funforfun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,
I'm new to saltwater aquariums but would love to know what any of these items are, please feel free to leave your opinions and comments. Also if anybody has any info on what to feed marine snails, that would be great.
This looks like a great place to meet new like-minded friends.
Thanks. x

Upper left - aiptasia. You don't want these. Search the forum and you'll find numerous ways to get rid of them. A commercial product called "joe's juice" is the normal recommendation.

Upper right - hard to tell without an idea of size. I was going to say large nassarius snails, but they just don't have the right look. Not sure...

Lower left - could be baby aiptasia, or a hydroid. Not sure.

Lower right - a couple anemones. Not sure what kind. But they're the kind you want... and not like the aiptasia!

I'm guessing you just inherited someone else's tank?

As far as feeding snails, they pretty much just live off the algae in the tank and all the junk that gets into the sand bed and rocks. I've never purposely fed snails or crabs.

I`ve never target fed snails as they are scavangers and will help to get rid of the trash in the tank. The bottom left is some kind of pod or hydroid. When I had my Seahorses they would suck them off the glass like there was no tomorrow.

Thanks for the input, any more suggestions, keep them coming. Hmmmm an anemone, I hope so, wonder would they host clowns.

I agree with Kurt. The upper left could be nassis, do they "pop" up out of the sand when you feed the tank? The lower left is a hydriod.

Back
Top Bottom