What are these on my plate coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vettitude

Aquarium Advice Regular
Someone told me they were multiple mouths. I didn't think that was possible. If they are mouths, do i feed each one or will it get what it needs if just some of them get some mysis etc?

Does this look alright or are these dead spots?

Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• image-3473818469.jpg
    image-3473818469.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 133
Thanks. It's a fungia. I haven't seen one that color combo before...I'm sure they're out there.
Any thoughts on the little mouth like openings? Still can't find any info on that.

Thanks. It's a fungia. I haven't seen one that color combo before...I'm sure they're out there.
Any thoughts on the little mouth like openings? Still can't find any info on that.

You can feed the mouths mysis or brine 1-2x/week. When I feed my favia, I have to turn off the PHs so they can grab it. Not sure if that's necessary for the fungia though. That is beautiful, though. And I'm not usually a fungia fan! :)

Thanks.
So you think those may be mouths?
I am hoping that this is the case and not some type of problem causing the flesh to erode in those spots.

It looks like mouths. Try spot feeding it. If those are mouths, they should grab and swallow food. That's the only way I can think off to tell the difference...

Back
Top Bottom