What are these things????????????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this thing is a hard tube stuck to the rock with something alive in it. It doesn't come out exept for 2 small white tentacles, what is it?

IMO, it sounds and looks like a vermetid snail.

are these like underwater mushrooms, they close and open like an anemone when startled

cladocora

The second picture looks like Brown Button Polyps. I have them in my tank and they came from out of nowhere. I started with 1 or 2 and now in 1 month, I have 7. It has made me look at them everyday now to see if I have anymore...I believe they will cover a rock like a mat..I hope so in my case, I like the center of the biggest one because it glows neon green in the actinic light... :mrgreen:

It's hard for me to tell from the pic...are they coming from a stony skeleton, or are they soft all the way down to the rock. What I saw when I first looked was a coral with a skeleton.

Well, there there, it's just a hotlinking issue with net firms, I thought because the thumbnail was imbedded in an html page, it might link, but alas it didn't. If I get on the other computer tonight, I'll upload them and attatch.

Back
Top Bottom