What are these things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
these are the things i have

Attachments

• im000309.jpg
    im000309.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 72
  • im000331.jpg
    im000331.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 82
  • im000329.jpg
    im000329.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 87
some more pics

Attachments

• im000324.jpg
    im000324.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 50
  • im000339.jpg
    im000339.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 27
  • im000309_136.jpg
    im000309_136.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 30
Ok. Well, they are both pest anemone's. Some call them apstasia, some majano. You'll want to juice them either way.

How will i get rid of them ?

and do i have to get rid of them? or is it okay to leave them? its just that i have kno clue how to get rid of them and i have about 7

Apstasia and majano will spread rapidly and take over your tank. The will sting any corals or fish in your tank. Best to get rid of them early and be prepared for a lengthy battle. There are small ones that you won't see til they grow. I would suggest getting some joe's juice to get rid of them.

http://joesjuice.com/

yeah joes juice will get rid of them, and i also beleive peppermint shrimp will eat them, but if your cycling your tank joes juice would be better to use.

Peppermint shrimp are not a guarantee, and they normally only eat the small ones. But, once you juice the large one's, maybe some pep's may keep the smaller one's under control. Good luck.

okAY thanks a lot I will order the juice now....How long of a battle am I looking for....month to 2? or a couple of weeks?

Doesnt' the site list local distributers? I don't know. It will depend on how many you have, how long the battle will be. Maybe only days, maybe weeks waiting for the smaller ones to show themselves. It doesn't hurt your system so if you have to go back in and nuke one here and there, it won't hurt anything.

okay good i just ordered the juice, I have about 7 pests. Does joe ship fast? i want to juice these guys so i can start adding fish. My cycle is almost over!! :fadein:

Thanks for all of your help fluff!!
youve been great! :mrgreen:

I've never had to order it so I can't say how long it will take. You don't have to worry about using it with the fish in the tank. No worries there. It's not gonna hurt your fish.

Not to my knowledge. They are supposed to be reef safe. I've never had a problem with pep's in my reef.

Back
Top Bottom