what could this be????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jedihunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have buyed a tubeworm rock with an attached coral skeleton.

Look at the pic and please give any opinions about this phenomena
rok.jpg

rok2.jpg

Sorry for bad pics but my camera is not good enough.

i doubt it could be a tissue regeneration issue, and also i doubt to be an algae bloom because:
1) snails wont even get close
2) other corals in the same area are clean

any ideas?

thanks
JH

the skeletal was white a few days back, now its orange
dunno what could that be

looks like slimmy in close but cant determine for sure

I see what appears to be a plastic halloween pumpkin with a carrying handle in the background

Any way you can get the foreground in focus instead of the background?

Told ya my cam is not good :S but the orange stuff now looks like a leopard skin.

seems i can take good pics from a distance :)

in the first pic u can see a colored rock then a whiter spot in the background right?

used to be totally white a few dasy back , now its orange with some green tones around

Still no ideas?

:(
JH

That does look a little like a halloween pumpkin back there. Is that what it is? And some unread mail, better get to those bills soon. Other than that, it looks like the same fuzzy stuff I see after a weekend of heavy drinking. :D

na, I think halloween pumpkin baskets are taller. That is more squat. Probibly wicker. anthough I dont see much definition alont the side...Any Ideas?

The charger for his camera is laying on the table, which BTW appears to be mission style furniture.

Without a clearer more focused pic its hard to tell what you've got there. If I had to guess, it could be some kind of encrusting sponge or coral but that's a shot in the dark.

I know very little about cameras and even less about saltwater stuff... but even with a lousy camera you can get a slightly better picture... it takes some guessing and practice... mine is fairly cheap but has a digital display so I can see what I'm looking at and if I'm focused or not... I don't know what your camera is like, but mine has a little switch on the front that has a picture of a flower and a mountain(some cameras its trees)... the flower setting is for the close up images but even when I'm set on that I still have to move the camera in and out to get a good focus. It's a pain but I'm getting some halfway decent closeup pics... Your camera may be really bad but you might still take some time to play with it... I don't have mine down completely yet but for a while I would have to take like 20 pictures just to get one good one... that's the good thing about the digital camera... you don't like the picture, you just delete it.. no wasted film. Anyway, I know what it's like to want to know what something is and have a hard time finding answers... give the camera another try and don't give up on it or people here... someone is bound to have an idea sooner or later...

Put a sheet or blanket on the backside of the tank so it doesnt have the table to focus on, or take the picture from another angle so we can check out more of your furnishings :D

That does look a little like a halloween pumpkin back there. Is that what it is? And some unread mail, better get to those bills soon. Other than that, it looks like the same fuzzy stuff I see after a weekend of heavy drinking. :D

I think its a potpouri pot, or some type of decorative pot.

If it is candy he should share.

bucket.jpg

Back
Top Bottom