what is on my hammer coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joecast44

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys this is my second thread, I didn't have much hope with the first one because hardly anyone gave me advice:ermm:. if you check out my other thread, it would be greatly appreciated as this is my first reef and im hoping all goes well.

Now, the issue I ran into last night had to do with a strange brownish strand that appeared to be coming out of my hammer coral. I do not believe it is the "feeder tentacle' because it looks anylike anything else on the coral. ill post pics below. if anyone could help that would be awesome!:thanks:

No pics are coming up. Are you losing heads or was it just the brown strand? It could be expelling waste.

No pics are coming up. Are you losing heads or was it just the brown strand? It could be expelling waste.

Also, I do not think I am losing heads. Am I worried for no reason? Here is. Pic of the hammer coral looking what I think is normal

Attachments

• image-4188116688.jpg
    image-4188116688.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 83
Looks like waste- the coral is a little shriveled. Is this under new lights? It could be expelling some of the dinoflagellates because of an increase in intensity of the lighting.

The coral is usually a little more flowy I'm not sure why it's closed right now. It is under new light I placed it in my tank a few days ago. As I'm typing this I just watched my peppermint shrimp die. What's going wrong in my tank?

Looks like waste- the coral is a little shriveled. Is this under new lights? It could be expelling some of the dinoflagellates because of an increase in intensity of the lighting.

I do believe you're right about the waste because the strand eventually fell off and the coral is now open and flowing again.

Back
Top Bottom