What is the growing on my Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hydroids. They will need removed. You could try a product like aiptasia-x, or simply remove the rock and take a lighter to them. Scrub the rock heavily to ensure all is removed and let it sit out on the porch for a week...then maybe scrub again for good measure. Nasty things.

When we get pests in our systems, it sure can be a pain. I spent a year and a half battling vermetid snails in my 55 reef. I didn't see them when they came in and started reproducing...spread around the tank and were a pretty big pain.
Thankfully, if those colonial hydroids are simply on one rock it can simply be removed from the system to solve the problem.
They can be addressed in a similar fashion to aiptasia/majano where a product like aiptasia-x or joe's juice can manage them effectively. I just added a ton of coral into my system. One of which just showed a large amount of aiptasia on the rock itself. They weren't showing themselves in the store, but some are pretty big. Will be an easy fix with aiptasia-x, which is my preferred product to use.

Back
Top Bottom