what is THIS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misskeeter2766

Aquarium Advice Freak
it appeared overnight...
caught my emerald crab eating it, it was gone overnight too...now it has shown up in another spot.. I figure it is just a matter of time before the crab finds it and gets rid of it... but I'd like to know WHAT it is...

27977-albums892-picture6380.jpg

there's more again this morning...
I checked Xtalreef and I can't identify it based on that.. unless it is the spaghetti worm thing....

must be the cerith.. cause I've seen my nassas lay eggs on the side of the tank.. they look NOTHING like that... lol

I can't say they really *look* like any snail eggs that I've seen... but the pattern they're laid in, and the fact that they seem to disappear overnight (probably as a late night snack for bristleworms) make me think they are.

yeah I saw my first bristleworm last night... it was kindof pretty, but my mind instantly went to all the horror stories I've read about people trying to rid their tanks of them

I can't say they really *look* like any snail eggs that I've seen... but the pattern they're laid in, and the fact that they seem to disappear overnight (probably as a late night snack for bristleworms) make me think they are.

I'd suspect the emerald crab first... saw him munching them.. and he is a DELUXE eater. :)

nudibranch eggs? just a guess???

Last edited:
Haha your great love of the tank, the Emerald Crab. ;)

heck yeah. :) the lfs tried to talk me out of getting one... didnt want to sell one to me for a nano, so I ordered him... :) glad I did. He's so awesome!

I love all my inverts though... had no idea that they would turn out to be so entertaining

I had two nudibranch come in as hitchhikers and you can not believe how they can blend in. Here is a photo of the pair. Can you see them?
img_1093322_0_55ff613b8970dc55cbf8499127385b52.jpg

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!!! Got to love nature.

Back
Top Bottom