What is this???/???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CARM

Aquarium Advice Regular
nudi i found in my tank recently:
obviously he's quite small as you can see he's on a thermometer lol
it's kind of hard to tell from the photos but he has tiny white dots speckled on his back and on the tips of his antenae

id anyone?????? :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2061.JPG
    IMG_2061.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 215
hmm looks close but those are flatworms
I know this guy's a nudibranch because he has the flower-like gill plus antenae

AAAAWWWWWEEE!!!! it's a squishy!! He's your squishy, you shall call him squishy :D

Lol sorry I had to say that, I'm definitely no salty, but I would just put it in a cup and bring it to the LFS, I did that when I found a really weird slug in my planted tank. Found out it was a wild somethin-or-other, but they knew what it was.

Lmao yes, it is my newly discovered species. The "WILD SOMTHIN-OR-OTHER" it's a huge find in my opinion ;D

Yeah that's a nudibranch. Never seen one like it, but most of them need special and specific foods to stay alive, and some even destroy coral and inverts. So my suggestion is, if you have a reef tank, remove it. If you have a fowlr, then you could probably keep it and try to feed it... see if you can find out what it likes to eat. Very cool creatures.

I think it's adorable :)
Google nudibranch and see whattya can find.
If it's reef-safe and you don't want it: I WOULD BE WILLING TO ADOPT lol

LOL thanks for the comments guys, ya he is very cool looking/adorable and Emi929 I think I am actualy gna start calling him squishy now haha
Zer0 yes I know that's why I'm so anxious to find out what he is! I've browsed numerous websites but no luck with ID yet-there are soo many different sp. Anyway the tank is fowlr so whether or not he's reef-safe isn't my main concern atm :p
They really are amazing creatures. I was so excited the first time I saw him crawling on my lr lol

Back
Top Bottom