What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kbeezy83

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had this rock for a few months. when i got it I only had 1 acan on it, now it has three. Anyways there was a hitch hiker or something on it. And i dont know what it is. It looks like green glitter in the center. It was really small when i first got it. Know there is three there also. Its hard to see in the pics because i took it with my phone. I will take one with my camera later. but if u really look u can see the babies coming out on the bottom of the larger 1

Attachments

• IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMAG0359.jpg
    IMAG0359.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 135
It looks like a pest anemone to me, commonly called aptasia. I haven't seen any with green glitter coloration, but that doesn't mean they don't come with those spots.

It looks like a pest anemone to me, commonly called aptasia. I haven't seen any with green glitter coloration, but that doesn't mean they don't come with those spots.

I was thinking the same thing till I seen the small 1s growing too. I have an aptasia pop up every once in a while, but none like that and I never seen them grow that close to each other. It doesn't have a base like an aptasia or anemone. I will get a pic with an actuall camera later on today.

mr_X said:
ok. I have seen them propagate this way.

Sorry it took me a few days to post another pic X. I moved the rock in hoping to get a better pic, but my camera is no better then my phone . Here u go. U can really se the baby in the 1st pic. They have been growing for about 4 months and only the size of an acan.

ForumRunner_20120119_202420.jpg

ForumRunner_20120119_202247.jpg

mr_X said:
I don't know for sure. I wish you could take a clearer pic.

Hey X. I was doing something I'm my tank and touched whatever it and it closed up. Here is a decent pic of it closed. Doesn't really look like aptasia . Hope it helps

ForumRunner_20120127_201618.jpg

ForumRunner_20120127_201934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom