What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey thanks that's what it is. I'm trying to figure out what ate my small coral frag I bought last night.

Def a lawnmower blenny. I have a hard time believing he ate a coral...they are literally lawnmowers for algae. Mine picks algae off of my corals all the time, I would see that as more likely...is the coral totally gone? What else is in the tank?

I don't think he ate it just wasn't sure what he was. I have two damsels, yellow tang, anthias, blue headed wrasse. Just need to know what needs to come out so I can grow coral.

What size is the tank? Know what kind of anthias? What kind of lighting does your tank have?

Everything else is reef safe, just want to make sure the tank is big enough for a tang. They need 6 ft of swimming room to do well in an aquarium. If it isn't that large, I'd take him back to your LFS for both the tang's health and to minimize problems in your tank.

The friend I bought the tank from had the tang and the wrasse in there they seam to be doing fine. My tank is 4' long x 16" deep and 20" tall so I'm guessing that is 75 gal

From the specs, that is a 66.49g tank. Length x width x height, in inches, divided by 231.
Seems an odd size, is it a custom built tank?
If it were 22" tall that would be a 74g. :)

Your right it is 22" tall no custom tank here not yet. One day would like to have a 200 plus gal tank!

Yeah it is a little small but just starting out. It did fall off I found it in the rocks and glued it back on hopefully it will make it.

Back
Top Bottom