What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm not sure what this is but just noticed it

image-2601176529.jpg

Attachments

• image-3842514487.jpg
    image-3842514487.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 71
  • image-608747812.jpg
    image-608747812.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 92
Where did it come from and how do you get rid of it ?

The only thing I added or introduced to the tank was 2 fish

Lemon juice, boiling water, or they stuff I use is stop aiptasia. They can be deep down in rock and not show for quite a while.

Lemon juice, boiling water, or they stuff I use is stop aiptasia. They can be deep down in rock and not show for quite a while.

The Rock this is growing on is rather small ,
Should I remove it from my display and kill it off with lemon juice ?

The Rock this is growing on is rather small ,
Should I remove it from my display and kill it off with lemon juice ?

Probably not necessary to remove it. Get a syringe and stick it in its mouth. May have to do it a couple times.

We got a plant and it hid in the bottom of the rock, we removed it. A lot of people say peppermint shrimp do the trick as well.

If the aiptasia is isolated to one rock I recommend removing the rock and either using a paste made of kalkwasser, aiptasiax x or just plain lemon juice and treating that area and then using super glue or epoxy to cover the area directly where the aiptasia was... I have learned this thru research, many sites and people recommend this. With aiptasiax x or just plain lemon juice you will have to use a small insulin needle to inject liquid into the head.

also good info here;

you can inject them with lemon juice, aiptasia X or other similar pre-mixed chemicals designed for this purpose, kalkwasser, etc. and what I have read people have the best luck with especially on larger ones, is making the kalk paste. You make it nice and thick, slather it on the aiptasia, careful not to get any on anything you want to live, and just let it sit on there...when your sure its dead and gone add rock back to display tank...

Back
Top Bottom