What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1449031443148.jpg
    1449031443148.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 1449031459097.jpg
    1449031459097.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 179
The algae? Possibly cotton candy or red turf? Hard to tell in the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't tell what the first pic is at all?
The second could be a coral growing or possibly even coralline algae?
I am leaning more towards a coral by picture,although I said coralline because I grow 'plating' coralline and some look like your pic but red...

Burn the house down to keep it from escaping? How does that work in an aquarium?

can you get a better angle on it that may help better ID , I'm leaning towards a decorator crab from what I can barley make out , and have to agree with Coral Bandit

If it has hairy legs and pointed claws get it out :)
^THIS^
Could be a Gorilla crab!!:eek:
can you get a better angle on it that may help better ID , I'm leaning towards a decorator crab from what I can barley make out , and have to agree with Coral Bandit
:thanks:
It camo'd so good and the pointed face lead me that way...(y)

I didn't even think gorilla though!?:eek:

After some looking I believe it is a species of pistol shrimp. I purchased some type of watchman gobi and was given the rock that he was living in. I believe the creature was on the rock as well and that is why I noticed him now. Does that seem like a possibility?

Not yet but I haven't been paying attention lately I've been very buisy with work but I will dedicated more time this weekend.

Looks like a decorator crab to me. I just got rid of mine because I caught him eating my acans at night. They're kinda slow and clumsy and very nocturnal. Their body is an orange color but they'll pluck off your soft corals and put them on its back to attempt to camouflage. Does he have zoanthids on his back?

Pistol shrimp are very quick and agile (you would be lucky to get a picture of one) and stay on the bottom of your tank in the sand, and you will see little piles of sand from burrows it creates with entrances under the edges of your rock.

Not a pistol shrimp. I never see more than just it's head usually he is hiding under my mushrooms. I haven't seen it im a while. The head looks similar to what you showed me though.

Best I could get

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1456786497864.jpg
    1456786497864.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 1456786513138.jpg
    1456786513138.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom