What is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just out of curiosity...I have like six of them on my live rock (just noticed yesterday) this is the longest (about 2" long)...what are they?

Also, I had my first big algae bloom recently and my live rock is constantly popping up with new little creatures...I'm assuming all this is healthy right? Tank is about 6 weeks old.

Thanks

Attachments

• what..._124.jpg
    what..._124.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 23
Bristle worms, small are ok but once they get big they can be a nuisance. I got rid of all of mine and as some folks said it looked like a fire worm and so out they went.

what eats these? I have a 29 gal with an ocellaris clown a skunk clown and a bicolored blenny...what should I get? A six-line wrasse maybe?

Also...what is this? Is this a type of polyp or soft coral? It is dull in this picture, but really the top is shiny pink/purple/blue...

Attachments

• what_2_514.jpg
    what_2_514.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 42
Bristle worm on top and dont know about the second. I`m going to move this to identification forum

Asher said:
what eats these? I have a 29 gal with an ocellaris clown a skunk clown and a bicolored blenny...what should I get? A six-line wrasse maybe?

Also...what is this? Is this a type of polyp or soft coral? It is dull in this picture, but really the top is shiny pink/purple/blue...
you may wish to rethink the clowns as they will be agressive toward each other as they grow especially the skunk . I would say pick one or the other ..not both
As for the soft coral it may be a sponge , cant really tell from the picture ..

It almost does look like a mushroom. It`s hard to tell from the pic but what color is it?

I thikn I remmber having read that a six line wrasse will get rid of your bristleworm population. IF this is a good or bad thing though, is still debateable :p It seems old knowledge says that bristleworms are bad for the tank, but alot of neweer sights and people claim that the smaller varieties are good at keeping a tank clean as well.

I like the Arrow crab for this

six line will work too as suggested

Attachments

• sw_01-30_005_145.jpg
    sw_01-30_005_145.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 23
Be careful, of the arrow, they can "arrow" smaller fish as well.

yes be careful!!, i would try a six-line wrasse that should do it make sure to shut your light of a little earlier so that they come out then let your wrasse take care of them (may take a few days to eat all of them)

Back
Top Bottom