What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boykin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a rock that by boyfrind and I have been cutting apart due to the fact it was over riden with fireworms... for the past thee day it has been sitting in still SW and we where seeing what was going to come out of it
(all the good things have been removed and are safe)
Today I put it in a bag to toss it out and I noticed this guy on the wall of the tub... I have no idea what he is but he seems to be good I just wanted to check before I added him to my reef tank. ID please

Attachments

• thing_2_125.jpg
    thing_2_125.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 368
  • thing_125.jpg
    thing_125.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 27
I can't tell from that pic what it is...i expect that one of the moderators will move this to the ID forum. can you get a better pic...or describe it better...it looks like a blob of goo....

yeah I will try to get a better pic.. I was just watching him he moves really fast and in real life helooks like a blob of goo haha... um hes clear with spots that are blace and a little blue..... I didnt know there was a ID fourm..... but yeah let me go see if I can get a better pic. I will be back in like 20 min or so

This is the best picture I can get... I guess my carma just sucks or something

Attachments

• thinf_4_101.jpg
    thinf_4_101.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 24
  • thing_5_210.jpg
    thing_5_210.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 19
  • thing_3_225.jpg
    thing_3_225.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 15
It appears to be a species of planaria (flatworm). If you add corals or clams to the tank, it warrants watching but for a fish only tank, I wouldn't worry much. Your tank info says your sw tank is new, these guys feed on benthic organisms and depending on it's specific diet, may well die off once it exhausts it's food supplies on your live rock.

well the tank is not that new.... So it might eat some of my corals? hes very small MAYBE as big as a penny.... I have two tanks I have one reef and one open water (kinda) its on its way to being a reef as soon as I can get the light I dont want to hurt him but if he cant go into the reef tank and and in the other one all I have is sand and one fish (whos very happy) which should I put him?

If it were me I would NOT put him back in either tank. I have a few flat worms here and there and when I see them they get sucked out.

Actually, he's probably more of a threat to tunicates, sponges and clams but removing it as you've done is the safest bet.

Back
Top Bottom