What is this? A polyp of some sort?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's kinda reddish. It almost looks like a giant aiptasia but I don't think it is. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-1322838347.jpg
    image-1322838347.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 121
Well know how to treat it...

Get a syringe and fill it with a substance of your choice ( lemon juice, hot water, aipstasia X, kalkwasser) and spray it into the open mouth. Be careful to not use to much because they will change you ph sometimes.

Are you sure this is aiptasia? I've killed many many small ones and they look different I think I have aiptasia x so I can kill him anytime but I'll try to get a new pic up

Haha more I look at him the more y'all are convincing me. He's been in my tank since day 1 when I put my live rock in. He was so big I just assumed he was a polyp. I'll put another pic up but I think y'all are right. He must be the reason I have to kill like 10 baby aiptasia a month...

Attachments

• image-358442225.jpg
    image-358442225.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 116
No question in my mind about what it is.

Yep it I am 99.9% sure that's what it is. And if that coral it's near is really pretty. It's and acro or birds nest, right?

That's what I'm thinking it is now thanks guys. That's kinda embarrassing I didn't recognize it. And I have no idea it's not live coral. It's just dead coral that I got from my LFS really cheap. It looks good though its covered in coraline algae. One of these days I would love to have live coral

Nice. My favorite aiptasia ever is a dead one.

Back
Top Bottom