What is this? Aptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mo8cinco

Aquarium Advice Regular
I turned on my lights at night and saw this it looks like a clear aphasia with white tips. Can anyone help??

image-903173713.jpg

It's hard for me to see. Does it dart in if go near it? Have you google imaged Aptasia?

Of it is just boil some lemon juice and squirt it in the mouth like your feeding it. Or get some Aptasia X, turn your pumps off and hit in the mouth then cover the body with it.

It's white in color and milky like, it will dissipate shortly after.

Good luck.

It's hard for me to see. Does it dart in if go near it? Have you google imaged Aptasia?

Of it is just boil some lemon juice and squirt it in the mouth like your feeding it. Or get some Aptasia X, turn your pumps off and hit in the mouth then cover the body with it.

It's white in color and milky like, it will dissipate shortly after.

Good luck.

It's all transparent, the only white part is the tip. Idk if that helps...

Some google images

image-3570278879.jpg

Attachments

• image-3766986418.jpg
    image-3766986418.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 157
  • image-2937872642.jpg
    image-2937872642.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 119
  • image-1052672042.jpg
    image-1052672042.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 114
I think it condynactis. Check spelling..... They are similar to aptasia but they usually have little bulbs at the tips of the tentacles. I've heard mixed reviews on weather or not to get rid of them.

They are harmless. Only the big ones are dangerous and have the ability to eat fish. Corynactis.

This variation will not get big- that's a different creature-pseudocorynactis. I hope I was clear on that.

Last edited:
That is it I googled its pseudocorynactis! Thankyou guys

I have a few in my tank. They don't like direct light. Mine grow on the undersides of rocks away from the light. My biggest one is almost the size of a half dollar when fully opened.

Back
Top Bottom