What is this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicafish

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-3839146611.jpg
I found him at petco and am wondering what he is because I think he looks cool

It is a sand sifting goby, or diamond goby. Needs a well established tank because they feed on the micro fauna in your gravel. I got on when my tank was about 4-5months old and I had it eating prepared foods and it still starved. I could not fatten the buggar up dispite what I tryed. It is a bulldozer of a fish and will move sand around like mad so stable rock work is very important as well. Hope that helps. :)

+1 on diamond goby. i would recommend this fish if you have a sand bed in the tank. it's hell of a sifter as it sifts through your entire tank. it also makes caves underneath the live rock and always seem to be busy with redecorating its caves. very peaceful and entertaining to watch as he runs about the tank and minding his 'errands'

It is a sand sifting goby, or diamond goby. Needs a well established tank because they feed on the micro fauna in your gravel. I got on when my tank was about 4-5months old and I had it eating prepared foods and it still starved. I could not fatten the buggar up dispite what I tryed. It is a bulldozer of a fish and will move sand around like mad so stable rock work is very important as well. Hope that helps. :)

Agree,it will starve to death. In fact the one in the picture is already headed that way.You would need a huge well established tank with deep sand bed for it to have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom