what is this fish and is it safe in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crage34

Aquarium Advice Freak
i found this fish yesterday at the lfs that i really like...it looks exactly like a bicolor/royal dotty back in size and shape except it is one solid color like a hot pink my question is i heard that dotty backs can be aggessive...i kinda have my heart set on this fish so any temperment, and feeding info would be great...look at my sig for my tank specs and fish

It could be a strawberry pseudochromis or an orchid dottyback. Both can be agressive fish and will probably know off your cleaner shrimp in no time.

can't speak for others, but when i had one it didn't bother my cleaner shrimp.

yeah im reading that some will mess w/ ordimental shrimp and some wont...probably hit and miss...i really want this fish...are they easy?

the 6-line wrasse and it might play hide and seek in the beginning. once they get used to one another they should be fine.

accimilate it correctly, it should not be too hard to keep.

My orchid dottyback is fine, and when I had my cleaners, it would acctually let the cleaners jump on him, but unfortunately my pink spotted watchman ate bot cleaners :cry: I also have a six-line, and he sometimes cleans some of my other fish, and he loves playing hide and seek.

Yeah - it sucked!

I felt really bad for the poor shrimp. It lasted less than 10 seconds. The psuedochromis ate the WHOLE thing. I this was 6 years ago, I have been afraid to buy another shrimp since.

Back
Top Bottom