What is this now??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the little guy is like cheese , he saw the camera and couldn't resist

This algae, what should I do? Is this dinoflaggelates?

cayno/dinoflaggelates/diotoms looks like the silicates are still escaping out of the sand
more circulation towards the bottom will help along with water changes ,
when you do water changes try sucking it out just don't get to close that you suck up the sand, remember the tanks still young

He is always watching me.. ok,.ill be patient and try to get it out by hand for now.

Yeah, those are diatoms. Your nitrates are too high. Get skimming

Diatoms are silicates. New sand and rock come with lots of it. It'll fade away once the silicates are consumed. I have them through my tank too currently, just like the two that came before it.
Due to it disappearing with a powerhead addition, I'd say some cyano feeding off of what nutrients are in the water column. Didn't look too bad, so not much to worry about.

This was 4 days ago, looks better now, I can live with that, the glass hasn't filmed over, I also added a nice ball of chaeto to the sump. The sand is not white but it doesn't have the webs.. I'm over it. I'm actually loving this system. Makes me think what i could do with my 75 gal and 40b... :) 20170602_203317.jpg

Back
Top Bottom