What is this? Nudibranch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markodeniro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Found 4 of these crawling over and around my torch
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448874757.578203.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448874770.641166.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448874782.727981.jpg
They look like oval flat slugs?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry those pics haven't come out very good I did a coral dip and got these off ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448880032.272269.jpg but now back in the tank I can see these ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448880078.874933.jpg are these eggs? They are brown and around the base of each torch?

They look like nudi to me. I would do one more dip then instead of placing back into the tank, have a spare 5 gallon bucket an know the eggs or what ever they off with a pair of tweezers

What you have pictured on the paper towel are not nudibranch, they are flatworms. Though they won't do any harm on purpose, they will want to get as close to light as possible. This will lead to large numbers of them easily smothering a coral of light.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449002354.347094.jpg
Yeah sniper hank I think your right. I did another dip and all those brown dots are the eggs I scraped off it. Must be about 100 of them! Are they AFW? Would the flatworms eat any corals? I've read they like acropora which I don't have thankfully ?

You can't get aefw without acropora :).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So basically they won't harm the coral unless they smother it? They look gross which is one of the reasons I got rid

They'd most likely die out or not reach numbers to be of any issue. Just because something in the hobby is gross doesn't mean get rid of it. There are many odd looking creatures that are good for your system, like chiton for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I understand just looking online I thought they may have been AFW or something anyway everything's fine and I probably left a few eggs on there anyway

The one in the middle looks like a stomatella snail...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom