What is this on my live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frugal75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New tank and after a fews days this appeared. Seems to recess into a tube at night? Any thoughts? I want to make sure it's not bad for my tank. Thanks!IMG_0785.JPG

Aiptsia. A glass anemone. They are a pest. You will need to use a product like aiptasia-x or by injecting them with boiling water/lemon juice. They can not be pulled off. They are called glass anemones due to when they 'break' off in any way they create shards of themselves. When these pieces land they will grow into new anemones.

New tank and after a fews days this appeared. Seems to recess into a tube at night? Any thoughts? I want to make sure it's not bad for my tank. Thanks!View attachment 294297
They are aptasia. They spread very quickly. I had them bad. I used a product called Joes juice. I found it can harm my corals though. I got some peppermint shrimp because they eat the aptasia. I haven't seen a single one since I got them. I would highly recommend getting the shrimp before using any treatment.

Back
Top Bottom