What is this plant growing in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkushy

Aquarium Advice Activist
At least I assume it's a plant. Green when in the right light. Camera makes it look white.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409869989271.jpg
    1409869989271.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 125
At least I assume it's a plant. Green when in the right light. Camera makes it look white.

Looks like Caulerpa serrulata. Never had it but most caulperpas Ive seen can be quite invasive and very hard to remove from the rock. Its roots attach inside of holes in the rock. A lot of people actually buy this stuff, but IMO it can be a major pest, especially in a reef tank. Its can spread rapidly and choke out some corals. If its only on that rock and you don't want it everywhere, I would ditch that particular rock if you cant remove it all.

Makes total sense was very hard to pick one piece off the rock. Long white roots on a green stem. Will dispose of it when I get home thank you.

Makes total sense was very hard to pick one piece off the rock. Long white roots on a green stem. Will dispose of it when I get home thank you.

sounds like it, ive got some in my 10G gonna pull the rock and put it in the pico.

Hope you're able to get those zoas off. Might have to break the rock to separate them from it. Hope it wasn't a big piece with other coral on it. Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom