What kind of algae is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_2404.jpg

Disregard the second photo on there with all that rock. I have never seen that photo before and have no clue how it got there but this is the photo that should have been up there with the hair looking algae

Gha. Nassarius are meat eaters so they don’t touch algae. Cuc won’t touch that once it’s that long. You have a nutrient issue that has to be dealt with. Do you know your phosphate and nitrate readings? Are you using rodi water?

Gha. Nassarius are meat eaters so they don’t touch algae. Cuc won’t touch that once it’s that long. You have a nutrient issue that has to be dealt with. Do you know your phosphate and nitrate readings? Are you using rodi water?

I am using RODI water. The algae in the first photo is only in the one spot on top on my rock. It’s actually right on top of a spot where I had a coral that died (I have a post on here from a year ago if you want to read about it). I was told by a lot of people that I could just keep the coral skeleton and it would help the tank. I will have to get back to you on the phosphate and nitrate reading. It’s been two weeks since I have checked.

Just pull that rock out and scrub it off. The skeleton shouldn’t be letting anything out unless it was still dying

Just pull that rock out and scrub it off. The skeleton shouldn’t be letting anything out unless it was still dying

Ok I will do that. Is there anything I can do for the algae on the protein skimmer? Or should I just scrub it. I have scrubbed it before and was wondering if there was any type of snail that would get on top of it for me.

Back
Top Bottom