Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You need to jab him right in his mouth to get him. It seems creepy but thats the only way for sure to get em. Coating him or the area won't do the trick. Just close your eyes and stab a way. lol

Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
You need to jab him right in his mouth to get him. It seems creepy but thats the only way for sure to get em. Coating him or the area won't do the trick. Just close your eyes and stab a way. lol
Oh it didn't bother me but I was trying to follow the written directions. It said to release some as I approached it and it would close around it. Then I could coat the entire mouth area. But, as soon I stuck it in he retracted. I am pretty sure I got a good glob in there and when he contracted it had to coat everything. But, since I couldn't get any more in his mouth and I knew I couldn't put what was left back in the bottle I figured I might as well cover him. If he comes up for air he is going to have a surprise waiting for him. LOL

Old 08-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I used aptasia x and got rid of them but they came back so a guy told me about peppermint shrimp and I bought some and before I knew aptasia was gone and haven't seen them since. Only time I see the shrimp now is when the lights go off. This is the best solution for aptasia.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markaveli View Post
I used aptasia x and got rid of them but they came back so a guy told me about peppermint shrimp and I bought some and before I knew aptasia was gone and haven't seen them since. Only time I see the shrimp now is when the lights go off. This is the best solution for aptasia.
Haven't seen it come back yet but I am keeping an eye out for it. May look into the shrimp if I see it again. I have a Fire Shrimp now. Do they get along with the Peppermint?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

It's a light apptasia
Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good news is, I have not seen it again nor have I seen any others so maybe I got him good enough. (Oh, I shouldn't have said that out loud huh?)
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99

Haven't seen it come back yet but I am keeping an eye out for it. May look into the shrimp if I see it again. I have a Fire Shrimp now. Do they get along with the Peppermint?
I can only speak from my experience. I have a fire shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp. My tank is rather larger so they have there own space. I rarely see the fire shrimp, and the peppermint on see it at night.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

They can be bad so i reccomend 1cc of peppermint shrimp in that tank stat! Lol i crack my self up!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com