What kind of macro is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering what this is and if it can change sex?1418108051333.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry this comment is in no way whatsoever helpful but algae have different sexes?

Some can change sex. What happens when you put macro in your system is it starts to eat excess nutrients. If the macro changes sex it releases all the nutrients it has absorbed. I have read about it a while back but I don't remember all the details just the general concept. Chaeto is a type that does not change that's the green one in the background of my photo.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some can change sex. What happens when you put macro in your system is it starts to eat excess nutrients. If the macro changes sex it releases all the nutrients it has absorbed. I have read about it a while back but I don't remember all the details just the general concept. Chaeto is a type that does not change that's the green one in the background of my photo.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cool, learn something new every day. Thanks. :)

Im not sure what species it is but it is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You should see it. It's called red grape vine or something like that.

So what kinda lighting set up prevents it from doing that?

Just keep it pruned and don't let it totally overgrow the refugium and you'll be fine. It's only then that it can do that. Use your regular lighting.

Back
Top Bottom