What kind of mushroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarvp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Picked this little guy up the other day and I'm trying to figure out what kind of shroom it might be. Not sure if he's bleached out or that's just how lightly he is colored. Thinking Ricordea. Any thoughts?

image-2031510939.jpg

image-1685994692.jpg

Looks like a ricordea mushroom of some sort. They come many different colors. So it may or may not be bleached. I don't think so though. It just looks like a light colored ricordea to me.

Pretty looks like a Yuma easy to tell by the bottom rics are Tanish and yumas are purple

So what you mean to say is that you believe it to be a Ricordea yuma rather than a Ricordea florida. It is still a Ricordea I just didn't want to commit to a species because it appears somewhat bleached, and is hard to ID.

It don't seem bleached to me it just their lighting but i believe it to be Yuma, I'd gotten one because in the guys tank it was hot pink and when I put it in my tank under my lights it was a $100 Yuma just my 2cents

I've never seen a Ricordea yuma in person, only the florida species. I have seen R. florida bleach, and go strange colors only to recover fully to their normal colors.

Back
Top Bottom