What kind of plant is this? (LR question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDAWG

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anybody know what this is exactly? I noticed it about a month ago, it was about half this size. I placed it where there was more light and it's been growing pretty fast.

Attachments

• 000_0622.jpg
    000_0622.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 000_0621.jpg
    000_0621.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 111
Here's another one. I know about the bubble algea, it's the ones circled in red that I'm not sure about. I'm sure they're pretty common plants but I just don't know what they're called.

Attachments

• 000_0626.jpg2.jpg
    000_0626.jpg2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 113
They all look like types of macroalgea to m (specis undetermined). Might want to get rid of the green bubble aglea in the second pic. It can take over a tank in no time.

Awesome, thank you fluff.:) These ARE beneficial algae's, right?

lando said:
Might want to get rid of the green bubble aglea in the second pic. It can take over a tank in no time.

It's started to already. I've thrown in a couple Emerald crabs and they've eaten a few already. What else can I do to get rid of it? It's nasty lookin'.

I believe what you have are beneficial algaes. As for the bubbles, you could remove the rock and carefully twist the bubbles off. Do this while you are doing a water change and you can rinse your rock in the old tank water just to be sure. Good luck.

Fluff said:
Do this while you are doing a water change and you can rinse your rock in the old tank water just to be sure.

Good idea. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom