What kind of worm is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this worm good or Bad?

Thanks For the help Dewey

Attachments

• worm_139.jpg
    worm_139.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 77
  • worm_178.jpg
    worm_178.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 132
looks like a bristle worm to me, and I beleive that they are good. I've got a bunch in my tank.

That is indeed a bristle worm. Most likely hitchiked into the tank from some of your live rock. They live inside the rock or in the sand bed. Quite beneficial to the tank. Sometimes its the little stuff that we find in our tanks that excite us more than the big stuff. :wink:

Thanks, Thats what i thought it was just wanted to make sure. Theres getting to be a bunch of them.

Thanks Again-- Dewey

My lfs recommends removing the larger ones and leaving the smaller ones because they eat detritis. I look once in awhile after dark and take out any large ones I see with a pair of hemostats. They don't hurt anything, but you might want to do some population control.

Bristle worms are harmless. I have heard people blast them like their a plague but my experience and that of anyone else I have spoken to is that they pose no threat to you tank. I have several in my 30g reef that have grown to over 10 inches over the 5 years it has been set up and they do nothing but clean the crap out of the sand. I would leave him in their personally, IMHO anyways

Back
Top Bottom