What should i do with the White Mold ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmaida17

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a fish feeded and it feed Way to much food which lead to most of it uneaten which then lead to the White Mold in the bottom of my aquarium. Should I vacum it out or with the Clean up crew eventually get to it? Is there any fish or inverterbrate that will clean that up specifically?

I don't have salt, I have fresh, but it seems to me, mold is mold. In a fresh tank, you'd want to remove it manually immediately.

What I have in my Aquarium is 10 hermit crabs, 18 turbo snails, 6 ceirth snails, 2 clownfish, 1 lunar wrasse, Bubble tip Anemone, Use to have a Anemone crab but he just died today ( I think bc of the mold) a peppermint shrimp, and a fire shrimp. All put in within the last couple weeks. Do you think I overwhelmed the tank?

How big is your tank? And any large uneaten amounts of food should be removed from the tank.

It's a 29 gallon. My profile pic is what's in it so far. . I m going to get some more liverock in 2 days.

Slow down now...tell us more about your tank. How long has it been running? A 'mold' showing up and things dying because of it is not the time to be adding more critters. Remove it and see if it comes back. If it does not come back in 2 weeks I'd feel it would be safe to continue.

Ok sorry let me explain a little more in detail.. I ordered my fish and Inverts online and when Saltwaterfish.com shipped me my order they never put the heating pad in the box so my fish died. So I had only my snails, hermit crabs and shrimp survive. Then a week later they reship my 2 clowns and lunar wrasse. If that to much to fast?

Back
Top Bottom