What the... ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retired_AF

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just found these on the back glass of my 90-gallon reef tank. The colors are a dark red with light colored bumps. At first I thought it to be a mojano, then I thought it might be a ricordia. Now I'm just not sure. There are several of them growing back there with sizes ranging from 1/8" to 1/2" . Any Ideas?

Attachments

• DSC07045.JPG
    DSC07045.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 152
It's difficult to get pics since I have to take them at an angle and through 14" of water, but here's another try. The bodies are a very dark red while the edges and mouths are a whitish or possibly light yellow color. I have a Florida Ricordia in the tank but it's colors are no where near what these are. The shape seems similar to a zoa or ricordia but there is no base (stalk?) and they sit directly on the glass. My son just found them a couple days ago attached to the back glass of the tank.

Attachments

• UNK1.jpg
    UNK1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 133
  • UNK2.jpg
    UNK2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 125
  • UNK3.jpg
    UNK3.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 131
What kind of activity at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looked again this morning with a flashlight, same size as before. Doesn't seem to move nor does it recede in darkness. Strange, but when you see it the things look nice.

They appear to be corynactis. Google them and see if they look alike. If so, they won't amount to much of anything. Nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom