what the...............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i have a sea cucumber. i have heard when these guys are under stress they will throw up there guts is this what happened?

is this bad? will it effect my tank?

HELP!

thanks

mark

here is some pics. is this what that is?

Attachments

• what_the........_004_959.jpg
    what_the........_004_959.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 303
I can't tell from the pic. Depending on the type of cuke and the size tank, you may not have any issues at all but I would do a pwc as a fail safe.

i don't really have any critters that will disturb it. do you think it could be water flow i have a rather high current in the tank. it's a 120 gal.

thanks

mark

How long have you had it?

I got two about 3 years ago. The larger on expelled shortly after being placed in the tank. I did a 50% water change when mine expelled. I was told that it would not poison the tnak and it didn't. I have not had a problem with either of them since then.

I haven't seen the larger one recently but still see the smaller one. They are often in the back of the tank behind the rocks for weeks before they come back out front again.

It all depends on the type of cuke you have as to whether it will poison the tank or not. By now you know. I hope you have not any problems.

Attachments

• cuke2_202.jpg
    cuke2_202.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 8
  • cuke1_141.jpg
    cuke1_141.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom