What The Heck Is It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anotherfishname

Aquarium Advice Regular
The bushy thing to the left of the Blenny. Asked the guy at the LFS and he said it was "some kind of anemone".

Attachments

• IMG_0123_shrunk.JPG
    IMG_0123_shrunk.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 86
That's what I thought too but then I tried to find some pics of different types of anemones and found this underwater-photos.com - Featured Photo No. 35 - Club-Tipped Anemone Now I'm all confused. Here's another picture. It's one total puffy mass and when it gets scared by something it totally contracts and gets flush with the rock face.

Attachments

• IMG_0132_shrunk.JPG
    IMG_0132_shrunk.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 76
geez, I was just looking at one of those today. I am pretty sure that it is a coral, not an anemone. I will try to find out.

I have quite a bit of that stuff in my tank... its coral lol. its a polyp coral.
1721_pinkzoos1.jpg

Thanks Michael. I've got some of that too but these are very different. A little thinner on the stem and a LOT more wavey. The entire grouping moves like the cuhckle patch from the magic garden. Sorry that's a way old reference. Maybe they are polyps but they're not like polyps I've seen before.

I can not tell if it has long tentacles but google for Goniopora/Alveopora for comparison.

I would say it looks more like the Goniopora. Thank you so much. You saved me a lot of head scratching and hair loss. LOL I appreciate your time.
Thank you all for your replies and help with this.

Any time! If you happen to purchased Mushroom rock and Goniopora came on it, What a Good Deal you've got! With more movement around the Goniopora but not direct, tentacles will extend even more, lot more. Enjoy!

Awesome! Yea, I just got that rock on Sat as is. There are three feather dusters on it too and one of them is pink. Nice! LFS said it came from someone who was breaking down their tank. I paid 35.00 for it.

Back
Top Bottom